GCCOMMUNITYSTAFF Archives

GC Community Notice - Staff

GCCOMMUNITYSTAFF@GC.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
President's Office <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
GC Community Notice - Staff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:25:59 -0500
Colleagues,

As many of you are aware, Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs Lori Duggan Gold is leaving the GC to join Chase in Washington, DC as deputy director of the Freer Sackler, the Smithsonian’s museums of Asian art. I know you join me in thanking Lori for her service to the GC and for the important work she has done to help us reach our goals and enhance our reputation.

I am pleased to advise you that I have asked Wendy DeMarco Fuentes to assume, on an interim basis, leadership and managerial responsibilities for the Communications and Marketing division. She will take on these duties in addition to her current responsibilities as director of sales and marketing, where she oversees the special events and room reservation areas and directs our commencement and convocation planning teams.

Since her arrival at the GC last year, Wendy has proven to be an effective partner to academic and administrative departments. She will be supported in this new position by Bonnie Eissner, who recently took on the role of director of communications and the communications and marketing team.

Wendy’s new responsibilities will be effective January 14, 2019. Please join me in congratulating Wendy and helping her succeed during this transition period, and wishing Lori well as she completes her service to the GC this week.

Best wishes,

Joy

Joy Connolly
Interim President and Distinguished Professor of Classics
The Graduate Center, CUNY